Always make sure that after using the BB Talkin devices for watersports that you clean them with low pressure clean water and dry them. Dry with a soft towel and then disassemble.
Disconnect the speakers and microphones, open the waterproof housing and make sure everything dries properly and check for damages.
Salt water and electronics don’t go well together but with the proper cleaning and drying after every sessions your BB Talkin equipment will work properly.
Just like any other waterproof electronic device whether it is a Go Pro or a waterproof walkie talkie the BB Talkin communication devices need maintenance and care. Especially if you use it on the beach and in a salt water enviroment.
Some tips to expend the life of you BB Talkin gear:
- Don’t leave your set(s) in the sun or in a hot car for long periods. The sealings may dry out and the housing may damage.
- Although they are made to be out in the cold for usage, don’t leave them for long peroids out in the cold.
- After using them in a salt water or sandy enviroment rinse the housing, microphones and earpads with low pressure clean water and then open the housing and remove the Main or Master units for charging.
- Take care with the black housing seal that surrounds the back door. Gently lift the seal with a small object, and pull it off one of the corners to remove it. Rinse with tap water and if needed let it dry.
- When storing your BB Talkin waterproof housing, it is best to leave it open so there’s no pressure on the seal. This will help them keep their shape, and prolong the life of your seals.
- Do not overcharge your Main, Master, Speaker or Walkie Talkie systems.
BB Talkin Advance: Basic functions and resetting
In this video we show you how you use the buttons and functions on the advance BbTalkin intercom. In this tutorial you will get to know all functions and buttons on the device.
In this video we show you how to reset the device to factory settings. This will erase all already paired devices.
BB Talkin Advance: 2-way pairing and reconnecting
In this tutorial we show you how to pair two Advance intercoms. Left menu showing the steps to take.
In this tutorial we show you how to reconnect already paired (2-way setting) intercoms. It’s important to use the same intercoms after you paired once.
BB Talkin Advance: 3-way pairing and reconnecting
In this tutorial we show you how to pair three Advance intercoms. In this setting you use one intercom as instructor/master device. Nr.01 and No.2 intercom are for you students. This setting is often used for instructors who have two students and want to be in control of all connections. This a common setup for Kitesurfing, Windsurfing, Wakeboarding, Flyboarding with 2 students.
In this tutorial we show you how to reconnect already paired (3-way setting) intercoms. In this option it’s possible to be in control as an instructor for all devices. You are able to connect and disconnect. This setting is used by instructors that need to mute the device. It’s important to use the same intercoms after you paired once. And make sure you tag the instructors intercom. (in this case on no number/blanc)
In this tutorial we show you how to pair three Advance intercoms. In this setting you use intercoms and link them from one to the other. No.01 to No.2 and No.3. Adding more is possible (up to 6 intercoms in one chain). This setting is often used for normal linking.