How to maintain your device
After use: Clean with fresh water. Dry products properly.
- Take off all microphone sponges and clean system with low pressure fresh water. Clean system while headset and housing are still connected and waterproof sealed.
- Dry with a soft towel and then disassemble.
- Disconnect the headset, open the waterproof housing and take the intercom out. Put the intercom without the housing safely away. Do not leave them in a moist environment.
- Let the headsets and waterproof cases drie properly and check for damages.
Salt, water and sun in combination with electronics don’t go well together. But with the proper cleaning and drying after every sessions your BB Talkin equipment will have longer life and work beter.
Just like any other waterproof electronic device whether it is a Go Pro or a waterproof walkie talkie the BB Talkin communication devices need maintenance and care. Especially if you use it on the beach and in a salt water enviroment.
TIPS TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF YOUR BBTALKIN GEAR:
- Don’t leave your set(s) in the sun or in a hot car for long periods. The sealings may dry out and the housing may damage.
- Although they are made to be out in the cold for usage, don’t leave them for long peroids out in the cold.
- After using them in a salt water or sandy enviroment rinse the housing, microphones and earpads with low pressure clean water and then open the housing and remove the Main or Master units for charging.
- Take care with the black housing seal that surrounds the back door. Gently lift the seal with a small object, and pull it off one of the corners to remove it. Rinse with tap water and if needed let it dry.
- When storing your BB Talkin waterproof housing, it is best to leave it open so there’s no pressure on the seal. This will help them keep their shape, and prolong the life of your seals.
- Do not overcharge your Main, Master, Speaker or Walkie Talkie systems.
How to repair and replace microphone and speaker
New Product features and replaceable components
- new design & structure
- improved voice quality
- support any helmet (not rubber painted helmet)
- low cost on repair
- easy to repair
Speaker replacement (SD-SPK)
Our speakers will not last forever. The product is used in harsh conditions, heat, cold, water, salt, sun and sand that will destroy any plastic object after a while. Our speaker is one of the most delicate parts. So we decided to make the product with easy to repair speakers. We recommend to send your speaker for repair to your nearest dealer. But this could take more time. If you do not want to wait you can order extra speaker replacement (SD-SPK) and change it yourself easily.
Microphone replacement (SD-MIC)
Our microphones will not last forever. The product is used in harsh conditions, heat, cold, water, salt, sun and sand that will destroy any plastic object after a while. Our microphone is one of the most delicate parts. So we decided to make the product with easy to repair microphones. We recommend to send your speaker for repair to your nearest dealer. But this could take more time. If you do not want to wait you can order extra microphone (SD-MIC) and change it yourself easily.
Make sure you clean and rinse your headsets with fresh water every day after using. Your device is being used in harsh conditions (UV sunlight, warmth, cold, moist, salt, water and sand). Before your rinse the headsets. Take of the mic sponge. After rinsing your equipment, dry all helmet pads and mic with towel before taking the intercom out. Place all wet headsets and accessories in a well ventilated dry room. Make sure they dry as much as possible (don’t dry in direct sunlight). Always take the intercoms out of the case and keep them away from any moist coming from other equipment. Make sure your equipment is dry inside when installing.